ochi de leopard
For English, please scroll down
la cererea publicului…
o reteta care era cat pe-aci sa se piarda in negura, daca nu ar fi fost solicitata pentru “re-make”. Si uite asa, la a doua incercare, am aflat cat succes poate avea prajitura aceasta…
deci, La Multi Ani Andreea… si reteta:
Sos de ciocolata:
a recipe that was close to being lost forever, if it a “re-make” would not have been required. And so, on the second attempt, I learnt how successful it can actually be …
So, Happy Birthday Andreea … and here is the recipes:
• 150 g butter
• 5 egg yolks
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1 cup warm milk
• 1cub fresh yeast
500g sour cherries (canned, fresh or frozen – just do not forget pits inside :))
• 4 egg whites
• 150g sugar
• 150 g ground nuts (or almonds or crushed cracker crumbs)
• 150 g sugar
• 2 tablespoons cocoa
• 3 tablespoons water
• 50 g butter
2. I prepare the dough in the bread machine, using kneading program: put in the activated yeast, the remaining milk, and egg yolks + butter + sugar, then flour and a pinch of salt. Use the program for kneading&rising.
3. If you knead by hand, in a large bowl add the yeast to the butter + sugar + eggs, then the flour, then remaining milk, little by little – mix with a wooden spoon and when not possible any more start kneading by hand. Knead until the dough is elastic, not sticky. Allow to rise for 1 hour covered in an oiled bowl (until doubled in volume).
4. Divide the dough in 3. Roll out three rectangular sheets, as long as your baking tray . The sheets are rolled pretty thin. Line up the sour cherries along the long edges of each sheet.
5. Roll the long edges towards the center, leaving a space in the middle of 1-2 cm. Move (very carefully) the three pieces of cake (I divided the dough into three, remember?) in the baking pan (I use the regular oven-tray). Do not forget to put baking paper in pan;)
6. Prepare the cream that will fill the cake. Beat egg whites until stiff, then add the sugar and mix until sugar is dissolved. Then, add ground nuts. With a spoon, fill the empty space in the middle of each roll with this frangipane cream.
7. Bake at 180 degrees C for 20-30 min.
8. After you take it out of the oven, prepare the sauce, by simply melting all ingredients in a small pan, over heat, while stirring continuously. Pour with a spoon over warm cake.
I already said it was for Andreea, for her birthday, right?🙂