prajitura cu urda, ciocolata alba si capsune (also in English)
For English please scroll down
este sezonul capsunelor, fructe care nu sunt neaparat favoritele mele, dar trebuie sa recunosc ca arata irezistibil… si mintea zboara imediat in cautarea unui desert delicios care sa li se potriveasca…
am cautat pe net, dar marea majoritate a prajiturilor cu capsune (pe site-urile romanesti) sunt variante ale pandispanului cu fructe… iar eu aveam chef de ceva mai deosebit, asa ca am decis sa reintrepretez (ce-mi place de mine! :)) reteta de aici. Imi place tare mult textura umeda si cremoasa a prajiturilor cu urda… si m-am gandit ca niste ciocolata alba ar merge… perfect! :). Si a mers… atat de bine, incat nu abia astept sa ajung iar la piata dupa capsune!
Ricotta, white chocolate and strawberries cake
strawberries are in season. these fruits that are not necessarily my favorites, but I must admit they look irresistible … and my mind immediately starts wandering in search of a delicious dessert that suits them …
i searched the net, but the vast majority of strawberry cake recipes (on Romanian sites) are variants of sponge cake with fruit … and I was in the mood for something special, so I decided to reinterpret (oh, I love myself :)) this older recipe here. I love the moist and creamy texture of the ricotta cake … and I thought it would go great with some white chocolate … :). And it did … so well that I can not wait to get me some more strawberries 🙂
100 g butter
1/2 cup sugar
some vanilla essence
300g ricotta cheese
120 g white chocolate
1 1/2 cup flour (white, all purpose)
1/2 sachet baking powder (2 tsp)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
1. in a large bowl, mix soft butter with sugar (and the vanilla) until mixture is creamy
2. add the eggs and mix well until sugar is well dissolved
3. add the cheese and mix again
4. melt the white chocolate and add when cold
5. sift the flour with the baking powder and salt and add to the mixture above, alternating with the milk: 1/3 of the amount of flour, 1/3 of the amount of milk and so on, until you finish adding all the milk and all the flour. The result is a soft dough, creamy but not runny (as in photo)
5. spoon the dough into a 15/25 cm cake pans and then level.
6. cut and spread the fruits on top.
7. bake at 180 degrees C for 40 min until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out straight.
8. powder with icing sugar while still warm.